Pet wellness exams are an important part of pet preventative care. At Clinton Hill Animal Clinic in Brooklyn NY, we provide regular wellness exams to our pet patients.
What Is A Pet Wellness Exam?
Pet wellness exams are like check-ups. These exams are designed to help your pet stay healthy and avoid illnesses. Pets can go see the veterinarian for a wellness exam even if they’re not sick because wellness exams are primarily preventative.
What Can You Expect When You Bring Your Pet In For A Wellness Exam?
When you bring your pet in for a Brooklyn pet exam, your pet’s veterinarian will start with a full physical examination. During the exam, the vet will check your pet’s eyes, ears, mouth, teeth, coat, skin, and other physical characteristics. Your pet’s veterinarian will listen to your pet’s breathing and heartbeat. The vet will also observe your pet’s behavior and will weigh your pet on a scale. If your pet needs any medical treatments to stay healthy, or if your pet needs any prescriptions to fight off illnesses or manage chronic conditions, your pet’s veterinarian will make recommendations for treatment.
What Are The Benefits Of Pet Wellness Exams?
There are many reasons to bring your pet in for regular wellness exams in Brooklyn. For example:
- Bringing your pet to the veterinarian on a regular basis helps your pet get comfortable seeing the vet.
- Wellness exams can help your pet’s vet at Clinton Hill Animal Clinic catch medical conditions in their early stages.
- During wellness exams, your pet’s veterinarian can answer questions you might have about your pet’s behavior, pet care and other concerns you might have.
- Pets who get regular checkups from the veterinarian may be able to avoid certain conditions later in life.
- Your pet’s veterinarian will give vaccinations and booster shots at your pet’s visits, so your pet will always be up to date on his or her vaccines.
When Should You Bring Your Pet In For A Wellness Exam?
Your pet’s first visit to the veterinarian should happen by the time he or she is about six weeks of age. If your pet displays symptoms of illness, such as fatigue, disinterest in eating, sudden weight loss, discomfort, vomiting, diarrhea or other symptoms, contact your pet’s veterinarian for an appointment as soon as possible. Most pets need to see the veterinarian on an annual basis. Some pets who are older and pets who suffer from chronic conditions may need to see the veterinarian every six months. If your pet needs to see the veterinarian more often than every year, the vet will let you know.
Schedule A Pet Wellness Exam in Bedford-Stuyvesant and Williamsburg Today!
If you own a cat or a dog in Bedford-Stuyvesant or Williamsburg, contact Clinton Hill Animal Clinic in Brooklyn to make an appointment for a wellness exam. Call us today at 718-623-3999. We look forward to meeting you and your furry friends!