Clinton Hill Animal Clinic is seeking dedicated, enthusiastic, and professional Licensed Veterinary Technician, or licensed eligible to join our growing team. We are A close-knit team who are skillful, passionate, friendly and caring, we are devoted to excellent care where we treat our client’s pets as if they were our own. The ideal applicant will possess excellent technical, as well as strong communication skills. Familiarity in Avimark is a plus! A caring and compassionate attitude, along with the ability to multitask is essential for success in this position.
- Possess in depth knowledge and understanding of veterinary medical concepts
- Always provide compassionate and quality patient care
- Proficient in various technical nursing skills, including, but not limited to, venipuncture, catheter placement, intubation, anesthesia monitoring, diagnostic imaging, critical care, pharmacology, and dentistry
- Possess critical thinking and multi-tasking skills
- Able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on hospital and patient needs
- Proficient in animal handling and restraint for various medical procedures
- Treat animals, clients and team members with care and respect
- Obtain history from client, and competently explain to client, information doctor has documented about an animal’s condition.
- Proven technical skills.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, which may require lifting (up to 30 pounds), cleaning, stocking inventory and constant motion.
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Most importantly, the ability to connect with both pets and people.
Clinton Hill Animal Clinic is looking for a licensed/license-eligible, experienced veterinary technician to join our team. We are looking for a team player who is motivated, personable, and passionate about helping animals, as well as their humans. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to placing intravenous catheters, venipuncture and running in-house blood work, monitoring anesthesia, and assisting the doctor during surgical procedures, providing pre- and post- operative care, performing radiographs, communicating after-care to clients and assisting in exam rooms. This is a full time or part-time position, which includes Saturday hours. Salary commensurate with experience, $22.-28/hr. Benefits include 401(k), pet care, PTO, and uniform allowance.
Must be willing to have a background check and be drug tested, we are a drug and smoke free workplace. Please email cover letter, resume, and references to: [email protected]. Please, no phone calls.