Pet Wellness Exam Services at Clinton Hill Animal Clinic
More than anything else, pet owners want their beloved animals to stay healthy and safe against the many diseases and disorders. The easiest way to accomplish this for your own pet is to schedule regular preventative care, including wellness exams. Here at Clinton Hill Animal Clinic in Brooklyn, we're happy to provide a range of pet wellness exam services that can help you stay on top of your pet's health throughout their life.
Wellness Exams for Every Stage of Your Pet's Life
A pet wellness exam is a routine but thorough check of all an animal's essential functions. Our veterinary team runs blood, urine, and fecal tests to identify any ailments that might require prompt attention. We take your pet's vital signs, check their eyes and ears inspect the skin for signs of disease or irritation, and observe how your pet stands, walks and behaves. Your pet will be weighed to see whether they are over or underweight (either of which may be cause for concern).
How frequently a pet receives an exam, and the details of that exam's procedures may vary according to age. Puppies and kittens require close observation as well as many different kinds of preventative wellness procedures, so they usually receive several exams before their first birthday. Adults typically receive one wellness exam per year -- but exams for geriatric pets pay extra attention to searching for age-related illnesses and symptoms such as chronic pain.
A Variety of Preventative Wellness Services
Your pet's wellness exam may be accompanied by a variety or preventative procedures to help sustain long-term health. These include:
- Pet dental examinations and cleanings - Regular dental care can save your pet from periodontal disease, infections, or even oral cancer.
- Flea, tick, and internal parasite prevention - Our veterinarian can prescribe medications to keep these dangerous invaders away.
- Spay and neuter surgery - This routine surgery significantly reduces your pet's cancer risk and other heat-related health and safety concerns.
- Nutritional counseling - We can help your pet maintain a healthy weight and prescribe special diets as needed.
- Behavioral counseling - Our veterinarian can help you address issues such as separation anxiety, aggression, or inappropriate elimination.
If we discover a problem during your pet's wellness exam, don't worry. We will advise you on treatment options and get to work on improving your pet's condition.
Call Our Brooklyn Veterinary Clinic
Do you want to give your pet as many happy, healthy years as possible? Start today by calling our Brooklyn veterinary clinic at (718) 623-3999 for a pet wellness exam!