Pets experience allergies just as humans do. Unfortunately, they are unable to tell us when they have sniffles or itch. At Clinton Hill Animal Clinic, we have years of experience providing Brooklyn pet owners with pet allergy treatment. We will first work to identify what is causing your pet to experience allergic reactions and provide treatment accordingly. Common causes of pet skin allergies include ticks, fleas, and skin irritation.
Veterinary Care for Your Allergy-Prone Pet
Our veterinarian will assess your pets' symptoms, conduct a physical exam, and review your pet’s medical history. Skin tests may also be conducted to give our veterinarian deeper insight into your pet’s condition. After tests have been taken and reviewed, our team will provide you with the best treatment plan and medication for your pet to overcome their allergies.
How to Tell if Your Pet Has Allergies
Signs that your pet is having an allergic reaction include:
- • Hair loss
- • Excessive licking or scratching
- • Shaking
- • Inflamed red, dry, or flaky skin
- • Presence of ticks or fleas
- • Upset stomach or diarrhea
Causes of Skin Irritation in Your Pet
The goal of our veterinary team is to find the underlying cause of your pets' allergies. Some common causes include:
- • Atopic dermatitis: Allergies are caused when a pet comes in contact with allergens in their environment such as pollen, dust, or mold.
- • Fleas and ticks: Bites from parasites such as fleas and ticks can cause Lyme disease or tapeworms.
- • Hormonal or auto-immune issues: These conditions can cause lupus and other skin issues.
Contact Our Animal Hospital in Brooklyn for Skin Allergy Treatment
If you are looking for pet skin allergy treatment in Brooklyn, the veterinary professionals at Clinton Hill Animal Clinic are ready to assist you. For more information on the services available at our animal hospital or to schedule an appointment with our veterinarian, call us today at (718) 623-3999.